Friday, June 13, 2008

one Week Left

I can't believe that it is almost time to come home. Time has sort of lost its meaning. There are some definite aspects that I am really ready to leave behind - like the school work - but I don't feel that I got my fill of the Old City.

We got back from Jordan a couple of Days ago. Petra was one of the most spectacular things I have seen in my life. All along I thought that Indiana Jones showed the whole thing, but its like an entire city built into the hill. Other than that, I can feel the wear and tear of all of these field trips. Ancient ruins and Roman cities have started blurring together and all looking the same. Its sad I know, but when you look at a bunch of old rocks every day, it kinda looses the savor.

However, when we got back to Jerusalem we took a field trip that took us underneath the city where they have excavated parts of the original temple wall, Herodian streets, and pieces of the city that would have actually been there in the time of Christ. We walked on the original Roman steps that led to the entrance to temple mount. Now those were some cool old rocks. Who cares about the decapolis or temples to Zeus?

No comments: