Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Travel

After arriving at SLC airport at 4:30 am, we got to sit there for a good two and a half hours. We flew to Chicago where we sat for another 5 hours, and then crossed the Atlantic to Vienna. In Vienna, we had 11 hrs before our flight, so we got lockers and took off for the City. We spent the day wandering around Vienna, looking at gorgeous buildings that we had no idea what they were. I felt like the biggest tourist because we constantly had our maps out looking at road signs trying to figure our where the heck we were and slaughtering the names of Austrian streets by using all the german I remember from high school.

After Vienna, we flew into Tel Aviv. Ben Gurion airport was really cool. Everything in it was enormous. I was rather impressed that my luggage followed me all the way accross the world - especially considering that it didn't from Rochester to SLC. We arrived in Jerusalem at 3:30 in the morning. We were climbing in bed when the prayer call began.

The Center is absolutely beautiful! Everything is covered in flowers, and all of the balconies look out over the old city. The dome of the Rock is right outside my window. When morning came the view was spectacular. Later today we take our first tour of the city. So I hope that I become much more acquainted with they city.

No comments: